Paulo Coelho, may be sometimes the most known, most read, most celebrated, most famous, most admired writer in today’s world. He is primarily known for his novel ‘The Alchemist’. This famous novel holds record for the number of sales and also for the number of translations to other languages.
Here are some very wise, life-changing, amazing and insightful quotes from the famous book ‘The Alchemist’.
1. There is only one way to learn, it’s through action.
2. Unfortunately, very few people follow the path laid out for them– the path to their destinies, and to happiness.
3. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. You’ve got to find the treasure, so that everything you have learned along the way can make sense.
5. People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them.
6. When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
7. This is the world’s greatest lie: At a certain point in our lives we lose control of what’s happening to us and our lives become controlled by fate.
8. Most people see the world as a threatening place, and, because they do, the world turns out, indeed, to be a threatening place.
9. No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.
10. We have to take advantage when luck is on our side, and do as much to help it as its doing to help us. Its called the principle of favorability. Or beginners luck.
11. Life really is generous to those who pursue their destiny.
12. If you start out by promising what you don’t have even yet, you’ll lose your desire toward getting it
13. Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.
14. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.
15. Because I don’t live in either my past or my future. I am interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man… Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we are living right now.
16. It is the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary; only wise men are able to understand them.
17. It was my fear of failure that first kept me from attempting the master work. Now, I am beginning what I could have started ten years ago. But I’m happy at least that I didn’t wait twenty years.
18. God has prepared a path for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens that He left for you.
19. Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.
20. God only rarely reveals the future. When he does so, it is for one reason: it’s a future that was written so as to be altered.
21. The problem is that they don’t even realize that they’re walking a new road every day. They don’t see that the fields are new and the seasons change. All they think about is food and water. Maybe we’re all that way,
23. Every search begins with beginners luck and ends with the victor’s being severely tested.
24. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.
25. Imagine if everyone went around transforming lead into gold, gold would lose its value.
26. Wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.